Sunday, August 29, 2010

Saturday Fun Plus the Circus

Saben and Annika both got brave enough to ride on the mower this time. Maybe they didn't want to be out done by their 20 mo. old cousin?
Everyone could ride at once this way!
There were a bunch of pre-circus activities. The first thing we saw was a tug of war with the strong man. As we sat down to watch we noticed that they were adding kids to the line every few minutes. Saben got grabbed to help pull on the rope, but I wasn't ready with my camera and the picture I got was very blurry. There were clothes they could try on also, the jacket Annika has on was pretty heavy, especially for a 3 year old. It was even heavy for me to lift and put back on the hanger.
Several guys on stilts were walking around,...
...some acrobats were performing,...
...and an elephant, named Kelly Ann, painted a picture while we watched.
Snacks! Always a highlight especially when you can get your whole arm in the popcorn box!
I thought it was funny that they had such a variety of animals in the same ring. The ring to the right had ponies running around in it and I don't remember what was in the ring to the left, another mixture of animals, I think. There were all the normal circus acts also, including the tightrope, the trapeze, tigers, elephants, and some I don't associate with the circus like guys riding 7 motorcycles around inside of a big metal ball. We had a lot of fun once we got inside, and we had great seats, in row 4 right in front of the center ring. It wasn't as much fun to have to line up outside by the protesters, but we just ignored them and went on in.

No comments: